I haven’t been blogging for that long, in fact I started so I could document the silly moments of my training/races and to capture the ups and downs, successes and the crazy moments leading up to the biggest race of my life thus far, Ironman Lake Placid. In starting a my blog (thanks to Alex) I’ve been inspired by MANY other blogs and people, from all different backgrounds and overcoming all sorts obstacles which in return inspires me more. One of those amazing people is Kathy, who nominated me for the Liebster Award, Thanks Kathy (the Liebster award is an internet blogging award that get’s passed from blogger to blogger). Kathy is on my Coeur Sports team and I’m still amazed as how she gets everything in during the day! She’s so inspirational!
Here’s how it works.
The nominator asks you 11 questions
You nominate 11 other bloggers to answer 11 questions, and the fun continues 🙂
Here are my answers to Kathy’s questions:
- How did you choose your blog name? good question, as a long time (sometimes crazy) runner my friends always try to get me to relax while racing by smiling, so adding ‘Smile’ was a no brainer along with running. Tri came into the picture as this year I’m taking some time away from strickly running to actually train for a few triathlons – in the past my triathlons usually involved a lot of running, no swimming and a few rides!
- What is your favorite thing to write about? I love to write about the crazy thoughts I have. I feel if I’m brave enough to admit my fears, I can face them and move on, without them holding me back. I secretly truly hope that it inspires others to dive head first into any goal and know that she or she overcome their fears. Also that we all have ups and downs!
- Why did you start blogging? When I signed up for Ironman a friend told me there were going to be plenty of ups and downs during the whole journey but to keep chugging along with a smile on my face and everything would be ok. From that advice I wanted to capture it all first hand. Like the time I panicked about not making the swim cut off or to the run TT where I sat in the middle of the path and cried because I was so tired. Further there’s the time I swam too far and boosted confidence in the water and the run workout that I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face. I wanted to have all these moments when I’m freaking out sitting in Lake Placid.
- What kind of workout makes you feel the best after it is all over? Swim workouts definitely make me feel great when they are over, especially as this is the first time in my life I’m actually swimming freestyle (goodbye breastroke), but running is my true passion so run workouts make me the happiest!
- What is your favorite post workout recovery food/drink? Prior to this year I didn’t really have a favorite, maybe it was a cup of coffee which isn’t typically the best nutritionally. Now I REALLY look forward to my Honey and Spice Osmo Recovery smoothies. Shout out to the Coeur Girls who gave the recipe to throw a banana and some almond milk and it’s awesome.
- What is your favorite meal of the day? I love all meals, how can you choose just one!?
- What is your “A” race or biggest fitness goal for 2014? Ironman Lake Placid is without a doubt the highest goal this year.
- Name 5 songs on your iPod? You Sound Good to Me – Lucy Hale, Sexy and I Know It- LMFAO, Can’t Touch This – MC Hammer, Sex on Fire – Kings of Leon, Thrift Shop- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- If you could meet anybody (past, present or future), who would it be and why? Tough one, I have no clue! Maybe Bill Bowerman.. Rodger Bannister.. or even President Lincoln?
- If you could give your 16-year old self a piece of advice, what would it be? I would tell her she’s beautiful and smile, everything will always be alright.
- Are you going to pass on the torch and nominate 11 fellow bloggers? Yes! 🙂
1. Running With Music
2. Defy Your Limitations
3. How I Complicated My Life Today
4. Some Random Thursday
5. Lace and Race
6. Mile Twenty Eight
7. Stephanie Granlund
8. The Fast and Fabulous
9. Laura Running Wild
10. A Dose of Running
11. Runner Leana
*if you already received a Liebster you do no have to do it again 🙂
My questions to each of you:
How did you choose your blog name?
What is your favorite thing to write about?
Why did you start blogging?
What kind of workout makes you feel the best after it is all over?
What has been your proudest racing memory/moment?
Why did you start running/triathlons?
What is your “A” race or biggest fitness goal for 2014?
Name 5 songs on your iPod?
What is your favorite race and why?
If you could give your 16-year old self a piece of advice, what would it be?
Are you going to pass on the torch and nominate 11 fellow bloggers?
Thank the blogger who nominated you.
Answer the 11 questions given to you.
Nominate 11 other bloggers (generally with the same number of followers, though it can be tough to tell; ideally less than 500).
Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
Comment on your nominees’ blogs to let them know you nominated them.
Have fun spreading the blogging love!